Protect Your Practice from Claim Denials and Audits at Ophthalmology’s Premier Coding Event
TOA brings four Academy Codequest courses to educate you and your entire staff.
Click on city to register:
Lubbock - Come back next year!
San Marcos - Come back next year!
Dallas - Saturday, March 25 - UTSW Medical Center (8 am - 12:15 pm)
Houston - Saturday, April 8 - Norris Conference Center, City Centre (8 am - 12:15 pm)
Thank you to our supporters:
Acuity Revenue Cycle Management
Click here for FAQ regarding claiming CEU's
Code Your Way to a Successful Practice
American Academy of Ophthalmology Codequest™ 2017 provides unparalleled, expert instruction to overcome coding challenges and improve patient care. With reimbursement rules constantly changing, audits are becoming more frequent and codes are increasing in number and complexity, Codequest 2017 is an event you can’t afford to miss.
In just four hours, you’ll learn all-new, accurate and authoritative strategies from the leader of ophthalmic education:
Codequest 2017 will cover:
- Significant CPT and ICD-10-CM changes.
- Top reasons for claim denials for each subspecialty.
- New - MACRA and MIPS 101: Learn implementation strategies for Medicare coding success.
- Top coding pitfalls to avoid.
- The consequences of noncompliance.
- Updates to Correct Coding Initiative and modifiers.
- Testing services guidelines for ordering vs. supervising ophthalmologists.
- Solutions and advice for your specific situation (registrants may e-mail questions in advance to email@example.com).
Codequest offers 4 CME, JCAHPO and COE credits, and a certificate of completion for AAPC.
Continuing Medical Education for Physicians
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The American Academy of Ophthalmology designates this live activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
JCAHPO CE Credits
Ophthalmic allied health professionals receive 4.0 JCAHPO “A” CE Credits for completion of this course.
NBCOE CE Credits
This American Academy of Ophthalmology Codequest course has been approved for 4 Certified Ophthalmic Executive (COE) credits by the National Board for the Certification of Ophthalmic Executives (NBCOE). The COE credential is the property of the American Society of Ophthalmic Administrators (ASOA) and is administered by the NBCOE.
Please note that no optometry-specific continuing education is offered.
Claiming your credits:
CME - Instructions on obtaining CME credits will be included in the course workbook.
JCAHPO, COE and AAPC CEU’s can be claimed by going to the survey website that will be printed in your workbook. Once you have filled out the survey you will be able to obtain a certificate for the course. This is the only way that a certificate will be available to you.
Codequest 2017 is taught at an intermediate level. Ophthalmologists, practice administrators, coders and billers who are familiar with ophthalmic coding are encouraged to attend.
Registration & Cancellation
Codequest is a benefit provided to members of the Texas Ophthalmological Association and their staff. All registration will be done through the TOA. Please note:
- TOA members must be logged in to receive discount for self and/or staff.
- Non-member ophthalmologists may register themselves and/or staff at the non-member rate, or apply for membership on the same registration form to receive discounts!
- Residents may register only themselves, no staff.
- This course is NOT appropriate for non-Academy coding instructors or consultants, even those employed by an ophthalmologist.
- Optometrists employed by an ophthalmologist may attend, but no optometry-specific CEUs are offered.
Cancellations received in writing by at least 10 business days beforehand will receive a 100% refund. No refunds will be granted sooner than 10 business days before each course. Substitutions are permitted. Contact exec@TexasEyes.org with registration questions.
Exhibitors click here